Usually there is a different kind of energy in the starting of the year… but things seemed quite different this time. The epic drama that usually surrounds us was missing. The late night music was silent.
But, 2021 was welcomed with great enthusiasm and joy. A new decade started with hopes and goals. The energy might be a bit low but “the show must go on”.
How about a flashback at 2020 ?
The COVID year as we can call it, was full of a plethora of emotions. We all experienced something we had never thought of. The year turned out well for a few and not so good for a lot. There was chaos, confusion,failure,sadness,happiness, joy and so much more.
Well, everyone somehow cleared the air for themselves; sooner or later.
Some of the major changes that took place in 2020:
The month of march brought with it the virus of Covid -19. Initially we assumed it won’t last long but who knew it would cost us almost a year. A lot has changed since then.
- The education system has adapted itself to the online medium.
- The concept of work from home is the new trend.
- People prefer buying even groceries online instead of moving out.
- Laptops and the Internet have become a necessity now.
- Interaction over video and voice calls is in the mood.
- Social gatherings have been restricted.
- The market has become so unpredictable.
A few lessons we learnt in the previous year:
It is said “ we learn a few lessons the hard way”. Probably 2020 was that harsh lesson for most of us. The starting seemed fine but as we walked further it became difficult and unbearable at times. By the end all of us got habitual to it and found our comfort.
- Live in the moment, do not plan so much for the future.
- Learn to let go of a few people as well as things in life.
- Limit yourself at times.
- Act according to the given situation.
- Spend time with your family.
- Find happiness within you not around you.
- Explore your options.
- Look for opportunities and make the best use of them.
- Mental peace is very essential.
- Do not take your health for granted.
A lot of people are hoping that this year will be a recovery year. Hopes are high. A lot of us have taken a lesson and have prepared ourselves accordingly for the upcoming events of the year.
- People are exploring business opportunities in the light of relaxations being provided by the government.
- Social gatherings are planned keeping in mind the restrictions imposed.
- Precautions are being duly taken while travelling.
- Work from home is to be continued wherever possible.
- Educational Institutes to conduct physical classes partially.
What are people expecting in 2021:
Obviously we are expecting the vaccine for COVID. Apart from this; we seek new opportunities, personal as well as professional growth, happiness, love, wealth and a lot of other good things.
We have understood that we must not depend on others for everything. Self dependence and self reliance are the two concepts we aspire to follow.
Definitely, most of us want to make the best use of this year to recover from 2020.
A few things we must keep in mind for 2021:
- Keep your masks on and carry sanitizer.
- Do not let the external environment affect your goals.
- Keep your mental peace on point.
- Focus on your health and maintain it.
- Keep working hard towards your studies/ job / business.
- Do not feel restricted.
- Explore the world but virtually.
- Stay safe and stay indoors.
How can we make 2021 better for ourselves:
A lot of people have this question in their mind and the answer to this is with yourself. You know better what you want for the future. Still there are a few ways I would like to share :
- Let bygones be bygones.
- Learn from the past and plan for the future.
- Believe in yourself.
- Take charge of your mistakes.
- Do not depend on others for what you feel.
- Make peace with your weaknesses and work on them.
- Do not wait for the right time but make the right use of the time you have.
- Surround yourself with positive and good people.
A lot has been suffered in 2020 but let’s make 2021 our year and give it the best shot.
Do not let the hopes die and the excitement be low.
Be happy and stay positive.
The best is yet to come!