ARE YOU ABLE TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN IT?
What do you understand by the term work life balance?
Well, my idea of work life balance means to have an invisible line of difference between our professional life and personal life. It means to have a clear understanding in our mind about the importance of both the life’s. It is a space where we do not bound ourselves to make some unreasonable compromises and regret them later.
What does work life balance actually mean?
Work Life balance refers to a state of equilibrium where you have your professional as well as personal life at par. It is referred to as giving your work and family equal opportunities to grow.
It is when you divide your time in such a way that you are not just prioritizing your work but your life outside your work.
The importance/need of a proper work life balance:
When you have a challenging job and a complicated personal life it becomes really important to have a trade off between the two.
Some of the reasons why people these days need a good work life balance are:
- Increases Productivity: No one wants their employees to be slow and work on delayed deadlines just because they were tensed due to some personal reasons. If you have your day planned in advance and handle work at one front at a time, it would help you perform well at both the fronts.
- Helps you handle stress: When you keep your professional life away from your personal life and vice-versa; the chances of messing up the two become less. So, when you give them the optimal time they require, it would help you be organised and give you less stress.
- Fewer chances of other health disorders: Apart from mental health, a person’s physical health also plays a vital role at workplace and home. You should have a proper routine which would keep you motivated and healthy on a daily basis.
- Helps pears and other people: If you are a person who has been able to find that balance, your co-workers might get motivated and you could act as a live example for them.
What are some of the ways to have a work life balance?
A few ways of creating a good work life balance are:
- Be happy with whatever you do.
- Prioritize your time as per the need and requirement.
- Do not rush, panic due to shortage of time.
- Never try to do two things at the same time.
- Make time for your personal life on a daily basis; does not matters if it’s only a few minutes.
- Schedule your professional meetings as well as personal functions accordingly.
- Keep a check on your physical health as well as mental peace.
- Accept that there can never be a perfect balance; it can just be a peaceful one.
How COVID has brought a difference in work life balance?
All of us used to find ways to get home as soon as possible from work and handle our household. Who knew we would be working strictly from home and how difficult it would become for everyone to find that balance.
In a situation like this one, it’s normal to lose that balance and feel helpless. With so much pending work and all the new upcoming projects it has become a bit tricky for people to manage their work as well as their personal life.
A lot of people are losing their calm due to long working hours. The burden of office work with household work becomes tough to handle.
Key takeaways :
It is absolutely fine to lose that balance at times. New challenges make you stronger. Never give in to them. Unexpected situations bring out the best in you.
I hope you were able to find some of the ways to maintain a good work life balance.
For all those of you who are struggling with work from home; I feel you totally.